Shopping for holiday gifts is not something everyone looks forward to. Introverts do not enjoy the holiday rush. With restrictions being eased, it is no surprise that we are experiencing huge crowds and heavy traffic again.
So we’ve compiled a list of beauty- and fashion-related gifts that people would appreciate. Disclaimer: Most of these are P500 and above because I still don’t go to the stores. I just shop online so my information is limited.
- The Beyond The Vines Dumpling Bag is made of lightweight and water-resistant nylon. I have this in XS, which already fits a lot. There is a micro size, a medium and an XL. The bag is designed with handles of two lengths and an elastic opening. It also features a convenient large flap pocket and a D-ring to attach your keys to. Check out www.beyondthevines.com or any of the Beyond The Vines concept stores at the Power Plant Mall, Shangri-La Mall or Mall of Asia for color and size options. The micro size is the most sought-after and always out of stock.
- Not all powders are created equal. Clean beauty brand RMS Beauty’s “Un” Powder is a weightless, oil-absorbing setting powder that diffuses into the skin for an exquisite, translucent finish. This powder sets your makeup without the cakey look. Made from 100% silica, the “Un” Powder has pore-blurring properties and absorbs oil without any residue. You can apply this under a mask to avoid chafing and maskne. The “Un” Powder is exclusively available at Adora Department Store, which exclusively carries RMS Beauty.
- Naturale Oil Based Multi Purpose Matte Stain is, at P75 each, a steal considering that you get a product that has been raved about by content creators and beauty enthusiasts including Toni Sia. My favorites are Hiraya and Mayumi. The formula is quite good. It is lightweight and non-drying. I would describe this as a more opaque version of the Sunnies Face Lip Dip. You can find this brand on Shopee.
- Any beauty conscious person would love Benefit Cosmetics’ holiday kits. A good pick is the Holiday Cutie Beauty set, which includes three full-sized products (They’re Real! Magnet extreme length mascara, Hoola matte powder bronzer, and Gimme Brow+ fiber powder gel). You also get a mini The POREfessional Hydrate Primer hydrating pore primer. All these in a decorative tin can that you can reuse.
- Burt’s Bees is one of my favorite brands of lip balm (I have about 10 of these lying around at home) and for the holidays, they have a limited-edition Salted Caramel flavor packaged in a box that looks like candy with their Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. This set, called Burt’s Bees A Bit of Burt’s Bees Gift Salted Caramel, is available on Lazada and at Beauty Bar.
- Volume 5 of The Beauty Edit (ed) Trunk has over 35 products worth P32,000 but you can get it for only P6,500. The trunk includes products from Shiseido, The Body Shop, Happy Skin, Issy & Co., Cetaphil, Colourette Cosmetics and many others. This would make a great gift for your mom, sister or best friend.